Flea Treatment for Dogs and Cats

At Animal Care Clinic in Inkster, our mission is to give all of our patients the care they deserve. Our goal is to relief  your cat, dog, or even puppy and yourself from worrying and suffering. Preventative care is as important as wellness exams and vaccinations. At our hospital, we offer various products and treatments that prevent flea from affecting your pets.


At our hospital we take every case seriously, We offer two types of prevention, Chew-able as well as drop medicine for cat, dogs and puppies. 

Chew-able medication: 

    • Bravetco effective 12 weeks
    • Nextgaurd effective 4 weeks
    • Simprica effective 4 weeks 

Drop medication:

    • Frontline effective 4 weeks 
    • Vectra 3D effective 4 weeks
    • Categ (cat) effective 4 weeks 
    • Bravetco (cat) effective 12 weeks 
    • Revolution (cat and dog) effective 4 weeks 


Fleas are parasites that feed on the blood of dogs (puppies) or cats, inflicting misery on them with a maddening cycle of biting, itching and scratching. Two fleas can quickly lead to an infestation of thousands. Adult fleas, are visible to naked eye, only make about 5% of the infestation. The other 95% of the population is made up of three other flea life stages: eggs, tiny worm-like larvae and cocooned pupae. These developing stages can be found hiding in the environment and gradually mature into biting adults. The entire life cycle can be completed in 14 days, however it may take longer due to environment. Fleas are common in warm season and can cause itchy dermatitis and warring appearance in dogs and cats.

Things You Should Know:

  • All household pets including puppies and cats should be treated even if they are considered indoor pets, since people can also carry fleas
  • Cat and Dogs (puppies) can pick up fleas very quickly, so you may see on your pet even when your flea-control product is working
  • Be sure to continue using a flea-control product even after a flea problem seems to improve
  • Fleas can complete their life cycle indoors year-around with developing flea stages hiding in carpets, furniture, bedding, and even between floorboard
  • Pets (kittens and puppies) get fleas from the environment after other animals shed flea eggs which develop into adult fleas



Find us on the map

Office Hours

Our Regular Schedule

Inkster Office


9:00 am-5:00 pm


9:00 am-5:00 pm


9:00 am-5:00 pm


9:00 am-5:00 pm


9:00 am-5:00 pm


9:00 am-2:30 pm